Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Flowers, flowers, flowers...

Today at the shop we had a request for a horseshoe shaped standing spray for a funeral. I took some pictures along the way to show the process.

We started out with a square block of oasis. We made a pattern on the oasis for the shape of the horseshoe.


Next I cut out the oasis into the horseshoe shape. In the picture below, the horseshoe shape still has the square foam backing. I cut that out next.


The big challenge was getting the horseshoe to hang on a stand. I ended up drilling screws into the horseshoe, then tying the horseshoe to the stand with wire.
You didn't think I used a drill and screws in flower arranging did you?
 ~This wasn't the first time, and I'm sure it won't be the last time I use power tools when arranging!~

Below is the finished horseshoe 


Just thought I'd throw a few old pictures up of other "special" flower arrangements I've done.


Bob is made of all flower except his eye lashes, arms, legs and smile. Those came from a balloon. 


This flower puppy I made for Dad's boss. If I remember correctly, it was for his wife's birthday.


This is a Notre Dame Casket Spray. It was made the same way as the horseshoe.



You might be wondering why I'd made a Notre Dame arrangement, being the big Boilermaker I am. This is how I looked at it ~ it was a challange (which I love) and I don't mind taking a Domer's money!!



Okay, so that's a little about the flower shop.
 I promise I'll go back to putting pictures of Joshua up now!  :)

1 comment:

  1. Love the arrangements. Your new blog background is very cute too!! :)

    ReplyDelete