Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

This was a good Valentine's Day. I think the only way it could have been better is if I'd had more designers. I'm still very impressed with what we got made and delivered!  Thanks so much for all the family and friends that helped! I couldn't do it without you guys!

Great job Team Sharon!!

This is a picture of the roses as they come in to the shop from the wholesaler. They are waiting to be cleaned (leaves striped and thorns taken off).

1550 Red Roses
425 Colored (non red) Roses
-------
1975 Roses in total





The big walk in cooler with all the roses cleaned. This was a few days before Valentine's day.

This is my wedding room, well it is normally. For Valentine's Day (& mother's day) we take everything out and turn it into a large cooler. If you saw my facebook post asking to borrow a window air conditioner, this is why.
Even Joshua's crib was used to hold balloon orders. Joshua spent the week with lots of wonderful people. We feel so blessed to have so many people willing to help us watch him when it's too crazy to have him in the shop.

Grandpa Bruce & Auntie Jennifer planning the routes for the drivers. They were doing some serious mapping!

My designers hard at work. Andie (Andrea Rowe, who is mommy to Little David) is on the far right of the picture. Taia is in the middle and Grandma Dana is on the far left. Grandma Dana learned how to put greens in the vases this year and it was a BIG help!!

These next pictures were taken before we left Sunday night (the 13th). I don't think in my 17 years we've ever been this prepared for opening on Valentine's morning. Again, all of my help was amazing and worked so very hard for me. I love & appreciate you all!



Valentine's Day when we opened we had 150 orders made and ready to be delivered. We had 6 trucks with a driver & runner ready to make those deliveries. By the end of the day, we had delivered 238.  Some quick math will tell you that's 88 more then we started the day with. I am truly amazed that we got that accomplished with 2 designers & mom greening vases. That's 88 deliveries done plus all the phone calls and walk in customers we had too. Wow, I'm tired again just thinking about it! I am very pleased. I really don't think we could have done better!

Roses, Carnations, Monkeys & Bears...all ready to go!


Orders ready to be delivered!



Dad, Mom & Sister.

As I've said previously, so many people help me and it's so much appreciated!

The long list of helpers starts with my sister who took 4 days of her vacation to help me. Mom & Dad both took Friday & Monday off and were around all weekend. Uncle Tim & Aunt Brenda helped all weekend & on Vday. Andie & Taia that spent their whole weekend cranking out orders. Jim, who was a great single parent all week/weekend & delivered too.  Nate, Brittany, Chris, Marilyn, Tom, Karen & Lisa who all worked on Monday. Last but not least all of the people that helped take care of Joshua!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely got my fill of flowers for a while! I had fun singing and dancing with Taia and pickin' on Jennifer. Its says Purdue... :P - Andie

    ReplyDelete