Saturday, February 27, 2010

Grandpa Don

Grandpa Don on Christmas Day with Joshua


Grandpa Don went home to be with the Lord Tuesday Feb. 23rd. We rejoice knowing he has a whole healthy body! He's no longer bed ridden or in pain!

Grandpa was such an example to me of strength. Even with all the surgeries, procedures, tests, and being bed ridden ~ he didn't complain. He didn't say why me. He very rarely said he was in pain. What an amazing man!

We are so glad Grandpa was able to meet Joshua. We have lots of stories to tell Joshua about his Great Grandpa!

We celebrated Grandpa's life Friday morning in a private family service. I had the privilege to make the flowers for his casket.


I will miss his smile. Not only did Grandpa’s smile light up his face, but the whole room he was in. A lot of times this was a sneaky little grin (because of something he did or said) or a full smile just laughing at us. No matter what his was smiling about, his smile warmed my heart.

I love you Grandpa!

No comments:

Post a Comment